Spaghetti with Bottarga
- 1lb dried spaghetti (choose your favorite, we recommend Setaro pasta)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. pepperoncini
- 2TB parsley, chopped
1 c. finely grated bottarga (prepared with a microplane), about 2-2.5OZ
- 1 whole lemon, to garnish as needed
1. Bring 12c of well-salted water to a rolling boil in a large pot. Add the pasta.
2. In a large skillet heat 1/4c of olive oil on medium high heat sauté 2 cloves of minced garlic until garlic becomes a deep golden brown (be careful not to burn the garlic.).
3. Add the pepperoncini.
4. Once spaghetti noodles are al dente, remove the pasta from the water, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water for later. (Pasta cook time will vary based on the pasta used).
5. Turn the heat off on the pan with garlic and oil and toss the noodles in the oil to coat evenly. Be careful not to break the pasta noodles.
6. Fold in 2TB chopped parsley and 1c bottarga loosely grated with a microplane. Add pasta water as needed, (a small amount at a time) to emulsify the bottarga with the oil.
7. Season with fresh lemon juice. Prepare this dish just before you are ready to enjoy it. It is best eaten right away.
Il Buco Alimentari & Vineria