Eggs with Herbs and Bottarga || Ryan Tate
Hard Boiled Eggs with Herbs and Bottarga
- 8 eggs, hardboiled, peeled and chilled
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 pinches sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 cup grape seed oil
- 2 TB bottarga, finely grated with a microplane
- Fresh herbs of your choice ( parsley, thyme, chives, etc..)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
INSTRUCTIONS1. Whisk egg yolk with dry mustard and sugar.
2. Combine lemon and vinegar in separate bowl. Add half of vinegar mixture to egg yolk, stirring rapidly until you have an emulsion.
3. Slowly begin to whisk oil into the emulsion and when it begins to thicken stir rapidly until it becomes the texture of mayonnaise, pouring oil in a steady stream. When finished whisking in the oil, add in remainder of vinegar mixture.
4. Put a squiggle of mayonnaise across four plates, ideally using a squeeze bottle, but a spoon will work as well.
5. Slice the hardboiled eggs and arrange them atop the mayonnaise. Add the remainder of the mayonnaise over the eggs.
6. Sprinkle grated bottarga over the eggs. Then garnish with finely chopped herbs of your liking and ground black pepper.
Chef Ryan Tate